The Organizing Committee of Baikal Nordic Games Festival "Winteriada - 2004" expresses it's thanks to general sponsors:
(2 days, 1 night, from February 28 to February 29, 2004)
- Overall route length: 40 km.
- Tour duration: 1 day.
- Average number of participants: from 2 to 20 pax.
- You may use your own dogs and outfit
- Green Express Travel Group conducts organization and technical support
| February, 28
Arrival in Listvyanka settlement (66 km from Irkutsk city). Accommodation in Baikal Terema Hotel. After lunch ï¿½ visit to the Baikal Dog-sledding Center where you will see the dogs and meet our experienced instructor who will introduce you to the peculiarities of dog-sledding. You will discuss the route and the schedule in detail. Dinner. Overnight at the hotel.
| February, 29
After breakfast ï¿½ start out. The route goes through the forest roads, the Chyorny (Black) pass, openings of the Prybaikalsky National Park. Lunch and spare time at the Prospectors Retreat Lodge in Bolshye Koty settlement. Continue your way along Baikal ice to Listvyanka settlement. Arrival in Listvyanka. Dinner at the restaurant of Baikal Terema Hotel.
|Participantsï¿½ security is guaranteed by the instructors of the Baikal dog-sledding center. Snowmobile escort is used for technical support.
- The circular route passes through taiga and along Baikal ice from Listvyanka settlement to Chyornaya Padï¿½ and back.
- The route takes up one day but one - day preliminary training is preferable.
- Meals en route: lunch at Prospectors retreat lodge (Bolshiye Koty settlement).
- We provide one ï¿½Rysï¿½ model snowmobile for technical support of the expedition.
- The expedition is escorted by two professional instructors.
- Each skier is powered by dogs. You should have your own skies.
- The senior guide of Green Express travel Company is appointed leader of the expedition.
- Rent of the dogs (2 dogs per person)
- Snowmobile escort
- Instructor services
- Lunch at the Prospectors retreat Lodge (Bolshiye Koty settlement)
- Preliminary dog-sledding course
Cost does not include:
Rent of the skies, accommodation in Baikal Terema Hotel, transfer to Listvyanka settlement, international and internal airfare; passport and visa fees; medical and trip insurance; evacuation costs; airport taxes; excess baggage charges; photography and video fees; food and beverages not included in the group meals; tips to drivers or guides; items of a personal nature, including alcoholic beverages, laundry and telephone calls; optional tours; other items not specifically mentioned as included.
Cost (based on double occupancy)
Single supplement: 90 USD.
To get all the information concerning:
- terms of participation;
- technical peculiarities;
- purchasing extra excursions on Baikal,
please contact ï¿½Winteriada-2004ï¿½ Organizing Committee